TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
We welcome your participation in the Governor's Water Summit at watersummit.ideascale.com which is an official State of Minnesota website that the public can use to come together to actively engage in online discussions posed by the State. You can participate in a number of ways, including creating an account, submitting a submission to the Governor's Water Summit, or engaging in a forum-style discussion.
Who Can Participate
This website is open to the public. On this site, you can:
- Submit submissions or entries in response to the Governor's Water Summit topics
- Support the Governor's Water Summit and spread the word to your networks
- Engage in forum-style discussions associated with the Governor's Water Summit
- Connect the discussion to social media tools like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Vote on submissions or entries if enabled
Any member of the public can view all public-facing content on the site without creating an account. However, you must create an account—become a registered user—before you can contribute any content to the site. Your participation in this site is voluntary, and no payments or gifts will be made to respondents other than possible public acknowledgement and personal recognition for your contributions if selected for such. Any content you submit is in the public domain and may be reused, except as otherwise provided by law.
Your Public Identity
When you register with the site, you can create a username. This is an online “alias” that need not reflect your actual identity. You can choose any username you want, but user names are subject to the rules outlined in “Standards of Conduct” below. Users who create user names that violate this standard of conduct may be asked to choose a new user name, or else have their accounts suspended.
If you choose not to create a username, you will be represented on the site using the prefix of your email address —so, for example, John.Smith@emaildomain.com would be represented on the site as “John.Smith”. Any time you make a comment, or enter a submission, that action will be associated with your public alias. You can edit your profile, including your user name, at any time.
Standards of Conduct
State of Minnesota personnel administering the website use the standards of conduct below to review the content you post to the site. In some cases, the State may decide to pre-moderate (review) before posting discussion comments associated with the Governor's Water Summit. This may result in a delay between you submitting your comment and it appearing on the site. All entries (submissions) will be reviewed prior to posting, to determine if they meet the eligibility requirements of the Governor's Water Summit as well as the standards of conduct.
Any material submitted to the site may be removed if it includes any of the following:
- • Threatening, slanderous or obscene language
- • Personal attacks
- • Discriminatory language (including hate speech) based on race, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability
- • Sexually explicit material or other material that would violate the law if published here
- • Ideas or comments that promote services or products, unless submitted in the context of a submission to a relevant event
- • Repetitive posts (for example, if you submit the same submission or comments multiple times)
- • Spam or undecipherable language (gratuitous links will be viewed as spam)
- • Proprietary information that you do not hold the right to make public
- • Entries submitted to which the submitter cannot plausibly hold the copyright or other intellectual property rights
- • Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., social security numbers, postal and email addresses, phone numbers)
These guidelines provide a baseline for reviewing your participation in the event; the State may decide on a case-by-case basis whether individual pieces of content warrant removal from the site. If you find that your content has been removed from the site, please feel free to re-submit it without the offending content.
Will We Ever Ask For Additional Information?
If one of your submissions to the Governor's Water Summit is recommended for implementation we may need to contact you to get additional information.
Questions about these Terms
These Terms of Participation may be amended or modified in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at www.pca.state.mn.us/news/governors-water-summit